• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oreganum: Is it making my pem worse?

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Hi all,

A month ago I received organic acid test results - I had overgrowth of yeast and bacteria - the ND gave me oreganum tincture and a probiotic - the first 4 or so days I had die off (from the feel of it) of the overgrowth - felt great on the 5th day so did a lot (relatively) of walking and crashed that evening.

My pem has been worse since, as in my 'threshold' before symptom onset is lower. Usually I would have recovered by now and be able to walk on flat ground.

I stopped the probiotic 4 days ago to see if that helped but have not noticed any difference.

Perhaps the oreganum tincture is promoting pem?

Tammy

I've always had a hard time when starting something new. It's so hard to tell when you start something new...............what's causing what. I've heard people say when they started a new protocol that some symptoms got worse for awhile before they got better.............but how long do you continue............it's hard to be persistant when something is making a symptom seem worse. Is the battle with the oregano fighting pathogens perhaps promoting pem? I wish I had some helpful advice because I've experienced this over and over with new protocols. Perhaps lowering the dosage? Be careful with over exerting yourself when you have those good days.