• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Order of treating methylation cycle-23and me posted

musicchick581

In all my research, I have found that treating the methylation cycle includes steps.
1. Gut
2. Sulfates, CBS, ACAT, SHMT (mercury can make CBS ammonia worse) If there is no stress response to methyls or you have CBS360, which is minor, and low urine sulfate, go to step 2.
3. MTHFR, MTRR, MTR, BHMT and all others

Fixing oxidative stress is most important first, I read.

1. How does one go about treating reflux in the gut that is LPR (up to throat).
2. How does one go about treating step 2 of the protocol? My Snps don't seem to match with the protocol online.
3. Does anyone have a form of hydroxycobalmin and adenosylcobalmin that they recommend instead of methyl? I'd like to try them out as I had to start slow on methylcobalmin and can't get past 600 mcg liquid.
4. I'm attaching my 23 and me results to this if anyone can help. Thank you!

(I read Caledonia's signature pages (all of them) but I think I may be missing something.)

Attachments

• Terri_Walliczek_-_MTHFRSupport_Variant_Report_v1_-_95485156239867905.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 11

Lynn_M

Musicchick581,
I have been using a transdermoil pre-mix of aB12 and mB12 for the last year, and I feel it has benefitted me much more than sublingual mB12 or aB12. I buy it at http://b12oils.com, an Australian company. It's a cherry red oil-based liquid that comes in a light-proof pump. Each pump dispenses about 1/4 tsp. You apply the liquid to your dry skin and rub it in vigorously for about 30 seconds until it disappears. They sell it in a mix, either adenosylB12/methylB12 or adenosylB12/hydroxyB12, or also as a single form of B12, either hydroxyl, methyl, or adenosyl. It's theoretically equal in efficacy to subcutaneous injections.