• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oral Probiotics to Clear Your Head!

Gondwanaland

I would be thankf ul if anyone can direct me to similar products from iHerb since all the ones mentioned here seem to have been discontinued...

IThinkImTurningJapanese

I would be thankf ul if anyone can direct me to similar products from iHerb since all the ones mentioned here seem to have been discontinued...

I have a lot of trouble getting that one myself, the iFlora.

PRO-Dental has been similar in effect for me, although more expensive. I can tolerate the PRO-Dental a little better due to the difference in inert ingredients.

The sorbital in the iFlora seems to be counterproductive to my gut within 10 days or so. I do like to rotate them though, hopefully Sedona Labs continues this product.

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

I have a lot of trouble getting that one myself, the iFlora.
It is available from Swanson Vitamins
https://www.swansonvitamins.com/sedona-labs-iflora-oral-care-60-lozenges
It says 1 dose contains 770 mg xylitol. That is a lot of xylitol, and this alone could be responsible for improved oral health.
PRO-Dental has been similar in effect for me, although more expensive. I can tolerate the PRO-Dental a little better due to the difference in inert ingredients.
Thanks, I might try it!
I got really scared from a reviewer that reported S. salivarius overgrowth in gut though :eek:

IThinkImTurningJapanese

I got really scared from a reviewer that reported S. salivarius overgrowth in gut though :eek:

IIRC They say it won't survive the acid environment of the stomach, only effects the Ear, Nose, Throat area. But I have noticed a change in my gut when I take it too often. Maybe, low stomach acid. Maybe the xylitol, sorbital.

I use one or the other, iFlora or PRO-Dental, probably 3 or 4 times a week when I go to bed. It manages itching in my ears that has caused me so much discomfort. When I get a cold or flu though, other bacteria win the battle.

Thanks for the link, Swanson ships to Japan for a reasonable rate. I really don't want to stop using this probiotic. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

In this thread ahmo solved her sinus issues with spraying xylitol + ?essential oils? into the nose and mouth.

I remember also a discussion about a probiotic spray for the skin... Pretty expensive stuff... The probx came in a solution of Magnesium Chloride... I guess people already get the same benefits from Mg chloride only (less muscle pain and less sweat odor)

jepps

In this study Lactobacillus rhamnosus JB-1 worked for the brain. A tiny dosage penicillin in mice was enough to affect the mouse brains, to alter blood-brain barrier and cytokines in the frontal cortex, and the mouse behaviour.
These changes were reversed by L. rhamnosus JB-1.
It may be not so easy in CFS-brains. Viruses, fungi, heavy metals and pesticides in the brain maybe make it hard for probiotics to work in the brain. But maybe it helps a little.

Last edited: