A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Opinions on Vitamin D long term?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Charles555nc, Nov 6, 2013.

1. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

@maryb, I'm confused, too. :thumbdown:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Mine is constantly low, but my doctor told me to start taking 1,000 i.u's a day. Suppose to re-check in about 4 months.

I read in a magazine or heard it on tv about 2 weeks ago that in the summertime, outside with short sleeve shirt and shorts for 15 mins. your body, if healthy, creates 20,000 i.u.'s of Vit. D. I haen't looked to se if I could verify that anywhere, so I plan on confirming this unless someone else already knows for sure.

barbc56 likes this.
  3. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    10 minutes of daily sun exposure

we can only dream of this in the north of the UK, we're lucky to get a few weeks a year of sunshine:(
    my doctor also told me that people who live on the line of the equator don't get osteoporosis regardless of diet.

barbc56 likes this.
  5. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Sunshine and warmth, with lower humidity. What I would give for that right now!! :)

6. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    High 1,25 d can be a sign of inflammation, but it can also be a sign of low calcium. Ken Lassesen would be the person to 'talk' to, he's recovered 3 times (in 30+) years. He relapsed in 2012, but has been back at work for at least six months, and took 10,000iu's a day even with his 1,25 being high. It came down as he recovered.

Here's his blog: http://cfsremission.wordpress.com

"Doctor" Marshall has it backwards, in more ways than one. I personally know a half dozen people who got much worse on his protocol, 2 almost losing kidney function. This was back in 2005-2006, when Marshall was claiming his protocol was a cure for everything under the…sun.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    xptriado likes this.
  7. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    allyb likes this.
  8. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @dannybex
    thanks for the info danny
    I sort of got what he was saying - that you have to have 1.25 d levels tested regularly when on any sort of meds and supplements to make sure the level is coming down from higher damaging levels.
    difficult to find a lab in the uk but I will ask my doc.

I find it hard to read long amounts of script so may have got it wrong.
    my problem now is whether to take my weekly vit d supplement 50000iu
    I am worried about my osteoporosis.....but after last weeks viral flare don't want to go back there either.....

allyb likes this.
  9. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois Prairie ❀❤✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿❤❀

Midwest, USA
    Is that number supposed to have 4 zeros? If so, did a health care practitioner recommend it?

Your bones need a lot more than calcium and vitamin D. I was recently diagnosed with osteopenia/osteoporosis and my doctor recommended that I take a supplement that contains: Vitamin D3, Vitamin K1 & K2 (MK7), Folic Acid (should be methylfolate), Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, Ipriflavone, and Boron.

allyb likes this.
  10. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Little Bluestem thanks
    yes it was prescribed by a doc.
    I need to take minerals but can't tolerate oral ones -just waiting for some transdermal ones to come in. what a bind...........

See more popular forum discussions.