Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Opera star withdraws from Met production due to "an energy-sapping virus"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Carola, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Carola

Carola

I can't be sure that this is CFS/ME-related, so I apologize if this post is inappropriate.

As an opera fan, I was interested to read about a casting change in the Metropolitan Opera's upcoming production of Wagner's "Siegfried." The tenor singing the title role has withdrawn because of "an energy-sapping virus," according to his manager, who went on to say that the singer caught a virus after eating seafood while on tour in October 2010 and could not shake the ailment. He stopped performing at the end of March to recover but still felt weak through Siegfried rehearsals. Hes physically exhausted, [said the manager] and tackling the title role of Siegfried as a return to the stage was a bad idea.

This sounded to me like it could be CFS/ME.

artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/manager-cites-virus-as-reason-for-stars-withdrawal-from-mets-siegfried/

justinreilly likes this.
  2. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
    I've read that ciguatera fish poisoning causes a lot of the ME symptoms.

justinreilly likes this.
  3. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Yeah, I was going to mention Ciguatera. I don't think this thread is inappropriate. Hopefully she doesn't come down with what we have and she kicks it soon!

GG

See more popular forum discussions.