A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Open Medicine Institute ME-RIT Initiative - Objectives Agreed

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm

Cornwall England
    Quite pleased to say I find it hard to keep up with all these positive developments.

I understand all these now agreed objectives are in need of funding; but there's one hell of a commitment from a large pool of experts.

I can't see this has been posted on the forum before - if it has then apologies - but I think this is a new webpage (edit: it was loaded on 2 December 2012).

Posted previously on ME Association Facebook this morning by Dr Charles Shepherd who is actually part of this Group (which I didn't realise).

Folks were asking about Ampligen - well that's on the cards below - point 4. Rituximab gets pole position.

Backed by an international talent pool:

I don't know much about this initiative so I'll be reading up on it over Xmas I think. Perhaps this will help overcome some of the disappointment felt following yesterday's decision on Ampligen. Perhaps not. I hope it helps :)

SOC, Bob, taniaaust1 and 5 others like this.
  2. Stukindawski

Stukindawski

I noticed this one on twitter recently, quite exciting isn't it?

The mere fact that all those researchers got together and hammered out this list is an awesome collaboration.

I'll take this as my ME/CFS world Christmas present :p

When a road closes, the most important thing is to keep hoping. Nothing can be achieved without hope, and half the challenge is keeping the light of hope alive even in the darkest night.

'What can we do next?' I say :D

SOC, Bob, taniaaust1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Firestormm

Firestormm

Cornwall England
    Raise the money?! :D

taniaaust1 likes this.
  4. Firestormm

Firestormm

Cornwall England

taniaaust1, justy and Sasha like this.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Some good projects to donate to at the moment - Simmaron, Rituximab, now this...

taniaaust1 and Kati like this.
  6. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    wow, looks good.
    Have they been getting their ideas from us on phoenix rising??lol.

7. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Good news, in no small part because of whose on that list of signators.

Sasha likes this.
  8. equestrian111

equestrian111

ct
    Thanks for posting this. There is light in this tunnel. They are bringing medicine and research into the 21th century by linking info world wide. Very geek...yeah...maybe the Dr of tomorrow will be more informed and interested in learning. No more excuses. One Dr I went to , an allergyst..young I might add. I asked him it I could have mold toxicity. He said no such thing. And emailed me a link to CDC..that said no and maybe . Lots of double talk to cover their asses..If there were online resources for these. docs to see what respected Dr in their field are doing...it might change medicine.

9. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    This is great news!
    Looks like a big push coming up all round to find treatment, biomarkers and cause. I cant believe with all this going on as listed above that they wont be able to pin this down. How can anyone doubt the validity of this illness now.
    Would be great if we could get this covered in the UK press - show how seriously this is being taken around the world and that they need to step up in the UK.

Justy x

Bob and Firestormm like this.
  10. Marco

Marco Grrrrrrr!

Near Cognac, France
    Excellent.

One small concern though is that for a condition classified as 'neurological' there appears to be little dealing with neurology?

11. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Just read through the list of projects as detailed above by Firestormm more slowly and carefully. All i can say is wow! this is really amazing stuff.
    I wonder what time spans they have for these projects? Just one or two of these alone would be great, but all of them.
    My mind is boggled, but happy.

Justy x

12. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I guess the only thing now which will slow all these plans up will be money. It may take them a very long time to achieve all that without A LOT of funding.

It is great to see once again a big group of experts working "together" for us. This is needed.

13. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Sounds like a great plan of action--and I happily note that both the Medical and Research Directors of the new (open Spring 2013, maybe..) Vancouver clinic are on the list of participants... hope is in the air...though long rather than short term. I think we should all give contact info to any of our circle who might think of giving us Xmas or birthday gifts--a donation to this outfit would be the nicest present I could think of! Best, Chris

justy and Sasha like this.

See more popular forum discussions.