The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Only $6,000 for major double-blind, large-sample immune-abnormality ME/CFS study! Please donate now!

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by serg1942, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Battery Muncher

Battery Muncher Senior Member

Thought I'd give this a little bump.

If I'm reading the website right, we have now raised 3.670

Which means we just need to raise 8.329.

That's $9016 or £5995.

:thumbsup:

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Total bargain!

serg1942 likes this.
  3. rosa

rosa

I encountered this problem, and thought maybe I had used the wrong password. Could not read the Spanish error message.

It worked fine when I re-entered the euro amount substituting the decimal point for a comma; I noticed that the Spanish version used a comma instead of a point.

beaker, Bob and Sasha like this.
  4. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    According to Wikipedia, Spain uses a comma as the decimal point i.e. they use the following format: 1 234 567,89 whereas the UK/USA would use: 1,234,567.89

5. DanME

DanME Senior Member

I just have donated! Thank you so much for your advocacy work, Sergio, it is much appreciated!

beaker, lycaena, Sasha and 2 others like this.
  6. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

there was a nice increase in donations. the study already got 4.757,23€.

so it means we need 7.242,77 €

7. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
  8. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I think they're up to 7.700 euros, not sure, maybe they still need 7.700 - am I helping??? still 15 days to go, somehow thought they'd have got it before now, its not a lot really in the grand scheme of things.

Sasha likes this.
  9. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    They're up to €4700 and still need €7300.

Sean and snowathlete like this.
  10. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Thanks for checking it @Bob my head not up to much today....

Bob likes this.
  11. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

there was a nice increase in donations again. the study already got 5.696,23€.

so it means we need 6.303,77 €

Bob and Sasha like this.
  12. serg1942

serg1942 Senior Member

Spain
    Hi to everybody,

I am going to update the crowdfunding and the project situation:

First, thank you very much to those who have already contributed to this project one way or another. Thanks to @Battery Muncher, @Sasha, @rosa, @Bob, @DanME, @Tuha and @maryb for having being updating the thread! --I've been inundated with practices at the hospital (really hard for me, being sick), so thank you very very much...

YES, as @Tuha says, as of yesterday, the project got 5.696 € (5.978 $), so right now they still need 5965 $ to reach the total of 12.595 $ they require for the project.

However IT HAS ALREADY STARTED! The president of ASSSEM, Jose Luís Rivas (also an ME/CFS patient), let me know (and is written as well in their Website in Spanish) that they have already started to call patients, so that consultations can start the day after tomorrow (on March 16th). So the project has already been launched, trusting that they will finally collect the rest of the funds they need to carry out and finish this great, ambitious and promising project.

So, let me say it again: We are less than 6000 $ away from very probably having an internationally PUBLISHED DOUBLE BLIND CROSS-SECTIONAL STUDY, with a very BIG SAMPLE, SHOWING IMMUNE ABNORMALITIES IN ME/CFS, from one of the most recognized researchers team on the field of AIDS.

This big and solid study would corroborate the latest papers showing abnormal cytokines, or inflammation shown by image techniques in our disease. This is a chance we cannot miss...

So, again, please: HELP in anyway you can! :)

Best!
    Sergio

catly, rosa, Battery Muncher and 6 others like this.
  13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Well, that's exciting!

Given that progress, maybe it would be a good idea to make another change to the thread title (if @Kina won't kill me :eek:) to something like, 'Only $6,000 from major double-blind, large-sample immune-abnormality ME/CFS study! Donate now!

And you could edit the first part of your first post with this news. Great that it's underway!

snowathlete and Kina like this.
  14. serg1942

serg1942 Senior Member

Spain
    Hi @Sasha! Yes, that new title would be perfect! Problem is that for some reason I cannot edit neither the tittle nor the message anymore, so... Who should I ask to???? :angel:

Sasha likes this.
  15. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Me, for one! Shall I change it? Well, I did, so let me know if it is what you want.

Sushi

Sasha likes this.
  16. Kati

Kati Patient in training

The donation button is not working for me at the moment. i hope to remember to try later...

Edit to add: Done! Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    snowathlete and serg1942 like this.
  17. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

Donated. Looks like a good project!

snowathlete, serg1942, Sasha and 2 others like this.
  18. serg1942

serg1942 Senior Member

Spain
    Yes @Sushi! thank you!!! :) Thank you also to @Kati and @acer2000 for collaborating and letting us know it eventually worked!

Let's see if the English Speaking community can give the necessary push to this crowd-funding, both collecting and spreading the word, because what it is left to reach the target is so little, and there's so much already done, that I do think it is really worth the effort!

I would also appreciate if someone could recommend some other platforms where I could also write about this project. I've been lost for the last 4 years since I recovered enough to start studying, and have actually forgotten about other places!

Thank you and best to you all!!!
    Sergio

19. adreno

adreno PR activist

Donated.

snowathlete and serg1942 like this.
  20. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

give me a "catchy" text (my english is not good) and I can put it on cca 15 ME facebook pages

See more popular forum discussions.