• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF Severely Ill Big Data Collection Completed

Cheesus

Results expected when?

My assumption would be that we won't see any results before the end of the first quarter of 2017 at least. Analysis will take time with this much data, then you have to write an article, then you need to get the article through a peer review. I'm sure they are working as hard as they can to make the process as quick as possible.

It seems like a long time, but hopefully there will be more treats for us before then. Lipkin and Hornig have something tasty due out soon. I'm sure there are others who have things in the works too.

Jill

My assumption would be that we won't see any results before the end of the first quarter of 2017 at least. Analysis will take time with this much data, then you have to write an article, then you need to get the article through a peer review. I'm sure they are working as hard as they can to make the process as quick as possible.

It seems like a long time, but hopefully there will be more treats for us before then. Lipkin and Hornig have something tasty due out soon. I'm sure there are others who have things in the works too.
Yes , I think they were having to get an old student to actually write a program to compute the data. May have that wrong but I know the sheer numbers of points was the largest data set Ron had collected - ever

M Paine

Preprint servers have been very popular lately, hopefully OMF go down this path.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preprint