• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF, Ron Davis and James "DNA" Watson launch END ME/CFS Project

John Mac

Prof James Watson is to auction off the Nobel Prize medal he won for the discovery of the structure of DNA.
The auctioneer says the medal is the first to be auctioned by a living recipient and could fetch between $2.5m (£1.6m) and $3.5m (£2.2m).
Prof Watson said part of the proceeds would go to the University of Chicago, Clare College at Cambridge University, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Long Island Land Trust and other charities.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30209759

Let's hope the END ME/CFS also benefits

Is there any update about this initiative? Does anyone knows anything about it? I just got an email about donating them to support the upcoming research in 2015 but they are not providing any info about how much they have already, what is their roadmap etc...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Is there any update about this initiative? Does anyone knows anything about it? I just got an email about donating them to support the upcoming research in 2015 but they are not providing any info about how much they have already, what is their roadmap etc...

They've got a newsletter that you can sign up to - I don't know if that will have more info.

I think it would be reasonable to email them and ask them your questions. I think it would be helpful for them to understand what patients want to know - if they put that kind of information out, it could help them get more donations.

Bob

Last edited:
@Jonathan Edwards just wondering if you have any comments to make on the openmedicinefoundation ?
Do you know if they collaborate with your group or any of the other research groups in Europe ?
Do you think they are focusing on the right topics / areas ?
If you had the resources they seem to have would you do it differently ?
I am really just curious about your thoughts because your opinions are always honest and frank and a breath of fresh air, and therefore interesting !