• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2017

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hey guys,

Here is the OMF newsetter for August:

OMF%20logo%20no%20circle%20highe%20res.jpg

Community Symposium Summaries Now Published
DSC_4133.jpg
As you have probably heard by now, our recent Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS at Stanford University was a huge hit! You can now read about the details in two pieces published by Raeka Aiyar, who emceed the symposium:
  • A high-level summary article, originally published on the Stanford School of Medicine Scope blog.
  • A detailed Storify post telling the story of the symposium, in an illustrative, easy-to-read format that combines photos, social media highlights, links, and useful resources for those who want to dig deeper.
If you're still hungry for more, check out the full YouTube video of the symposium. Also, please read Dr. Davis' heartfelt welcome message to attendees. Thank you once again to all those who participated, either at Stanford or virtually, to make this an event to remember!

The video will be released on the OMF YouTube Channel soon. The event DVD's can be ordered here.

End ME/CFS Worldwide Tour Continues
Hope%204%20ME%20Linda%20Speaking.jpg
We are pleased to announce the next two events scheduled for the End ME/CFS Worldwide Tour.

If you are in the area, please join Linda Tannenbaum on Saturday, September 16 in Minneapolis, MN or Saturday, November 4, 2017 in Boston, MA.
Linda will share a research update and have a question and answer session with the audience.

We have also arranged a special screening of UNREST with Linda's Minneapolis visit.
If you are part of an active support group, can gather a group of 50 or more, and are interested in hosting an event in the US or Canada, please contact us.

OMF Awarded Platinum Guidestar Status and Great NonProfits 2017
As an internationally recognized non-profit, OMF is committed to ensuring that every donation we receive is used to support our mission to fund and initiate collaborative and ground-breaking research into chronic complex diseases so that patients will be able to live life more fully. To accomplish this, we are open with the activities and management of our organization.

Because of our commitment to our mission and donors, we were awarded Platinum status for 2017 by Guidestar. This meets the highest standards of accountability and demonstrates our efficiency and effectiveness in supporting our mission.

We were also awarded the 2017 Great NonProfit by you, our donors and supporters. Your reviews of OMF demonstrated our effectiveness and our relationship with our community.

Thank you for your active and ongoing support. We remain committed to you, our mission and patients around the world.

guideStarSeal_2017_platinum_SM.png
Great%20Non%20Profit%202017-top-rated-awards-badge-embed.png

Team OMF is Growing

Thank you to the many people worldwide who have launched events and activities to support research. This month, we are happy to highlight Cindy Siegel Shepler who is introducing OMF and ME/CFS to the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL) starting with her local Knoxville Association (KABC).

In her honor, Cindy's friends held a special tournament and designated OMF as the recipient of funds raised at the event. To read more about the fun Knoxville event and other inspiring stories of support, please visit our Team OMF page.

Get inspired. Join Team OMF and help accelerate research.
Cindy%20Shepler%20bridge%20tournament%202017.jpg

We Now Accept Bitcoin

Bitcoin_Logo_Horizontal_Dark-4800px.png

At the request of donors in the US and internationally, OMF has set up an account with BitPay and can now accept donations of Bitcoin. (If you are not familiar with bitcoin, it is a "cryptocurrency" or a peer-to-peer digital payment and asset system.)

Donors who are invested in Bitcoins can now donate their bitcoin directly to OMF. Your donation will be converted to USD and transferred immediately. If you are a Bitcoin investor/trader, we welcome your donation to support research. Please visit our website for more information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Open Medicine Foundation
Tax ID: 26-4712664

Our Purpose:
  • To fast-track revolutionary research for ME/CFS and related chronic complex diseases.
  • To support collaborative scientific research to discover molecular causes, find effective treatments, diagnostic markers, prevention approaches and cures.
  • To communicate, engage and inform the patient community.
  • To help drive & support global collaboration
A Word from our CEO/President
Linda%20Headshot.jpg

As you read above, in the last month we received our annual review by both Guidestar and Great NonProfits. It is an honor to lead OMF as it is recognized by both the non-profit sector and donors as exemplary. I want to personally extend my appreciation to you, our OMF family, for helping us to be recognized with these awards.

We thank you for being our partner and sharing our vision for a world free from ME/CFS and related chronic complex diseases. We dream for the day when patients are able to live life fully.
Last month was our mega ME/CFS event. We planned the research meetings hoping for positive support, increased collaboration, and renewed optimism. Our goals were surpassed with over 3,000 people from around the world, including researchers, clinicians, patients, family members and advocates all gathering to work towards a brighter tomorrow. I encourage you to follow our news in the coming months as we share new research proposals and plans to fast-track answers.

Thank you being our partner.
With hope,
linda%20signature%20001.jpg

Linda Tannenbaum
CEO/President
Linda@omf.ngo
Join TEAM OMF.
There are many ways to support our research.

Turn Your Online Shopping
Into Donations for Research

Donate your old car, boat or plane
and turn it into $$ to support research.
(Available in the US only)

Create your legacy.
Please consider including OMF in your will & estate plans. Learn more.
Host an Event or a Non-Event on CrowdChange.
Invite family and friends to donate. Learn more about other
Team OMF events and create your own fun.
Like Our Page Follow us
www.omf.ngo
contact us

Some great news in there!

If you (or your family and friends) havn't signed up to receive the OMF monthly newsletters please do so here:

https://www.omf.ngo/newsletter-sign-up/

All the latest news straight to your inbox :)

Enjoy!

B

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH

Last edited:

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Last edited: