• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF looking for translators!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Dear OMF Friends,

Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) is looking for volunteers to be a part of their “International Translators Team”. As OMF is international, it is sometimes challenging for patients to read our information in English. Patients around the world appreciate our hopeful messages in their local language. Our International Liaison Sara has gathered an amazing team of translators. We are grateful to the expedient work of this incredible team. The Team currently translates OMF’s information in 6 languages (Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish) and we share it with the different language communities around the world. Soon we will be adding Swedish, Croatian, Japanese and more languages.

We are currently looking for additional volunteers who can translate from English to Swedish, Japanese and Portuguese, or other languages. We have several volunteers for each language, so people can share the workload. The workload is not extensive, there are no real deadlines, and we are very respectful towards health limitations and bad days.

OMF is also looking for other volunteers too. If you have a skill-set that you think can help OMF to grow, we would be thrilled to connect with you and explore how you can get involved.

If you are able to volunteer, or know someone who might be interested, and want to be part of an amazing and growing International Team OMF, to make our newsletters more accessible for very sick patients, please contact our International Liaison, Sara Piccer at OMF: sara@omf.ngo or for other volunteer opportunities, please contact Marilyn: Marilyn@omf.ngo.

All further ideas and input are welcome. We hope to be able to welcome you soon to our Team OMF Family!

Thanks guys,

B

A.B.

Does it add anything at all if I talk to local researchers in Europe about the OMF? Is there a realistic chance some of them could contribute? These are not famous people or sitting on a lot of funding but they do have an interest in ME/CFS and networking.

Do you think the OMF will eventually expand and collaborate with people all over the world?

Kalliope

I have contributed with a few translations. The workload is not overwhelming and Sara at OMF is very friendly and a joy to work with.

OMF has received several mails and messages from readers grateful for these translations as reading texts in their second language English is challenging due to for instance brain fog.

I think it is a nice way to volunteer for fellow compatriots. Gives purpose.

If you might not be able to volunteer yourself, maybe you know someone who could be interested? In that case please spread the word.

With more volunteers the workload will be shared amongst more people and thus more manageable for everyone.