May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids & Macrophages

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Gigaphage, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Gigaphage

Gigaphage

London, UK
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi Gigaphage, this research invokes almost every hot topic I have ever been interested in with biochemistry. It could mark the beginning of the end for type-2 diabetes. In 1993 I persuaded a local CFS doc to start trialling high dose omega-3s for CFS, but at the time this was short chain omega-3s: the evidence for long chain omega-3s was yet to dominate (and I was the first test subject). The finding of macrophage induced insulin resistance was also announced here in Australia not all that many months ago. I wonder if there weren't many groups around the world making the same discoveries at the same time? Some years after 1993 (2000?) I read Indian subcontinent research that implied the same thing. I guess its time to railroad ...

The question for those with XMRV is this: how do these pathways interact with XMRV induced cytokines?

Bye, Alex

See more popular forum discussions.