• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oligoclonal banding

Hi..

Has anyone else out there had a lumbar puncture that came back with oligoclonal bands? My original dx was atypical MS, because my LP came back with 3 bands and elevated protein. The Mayo clinic docs told me CFS/Fibro though, mostly because my scans are clear. Just wondering how many CFS patients typically have oligoclonal bands.

Thanks!

Terri

JT1024

Thanks so much for your response, JT. I had found the first link stumbling around the net I my own, but not the second. That one led back to a site that compared and contrasted ME vrs MS... wow...

The neuro doc at the Mayo clinic was completely unconcerned about these test results; told me I could " forget about them". Yeah, wouldn't THAT be nice!

Anyways, thanks again for the quick response to my post; I'm new here and have been more of a lurker :)