1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

O'Keefe lab blog on Mayer pre-xmrv2 paper

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by currer, Jul 15, 2012.

1. currer

currer Senior Member

2. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Noosaville, Aust
    Seems the message is that the negative PCR studies for contamination or real infection are invalidated and should be withdrawn. Final word on XMRV, I don't think so. Also it seems that other studies which did identify XMRV but dismissed the findings as contamination should be reexamined. You can't have assays finding contamination in one instance, and then not in another - converse of the argument they used to dismiss XMRV in the BWGS.

xrayspex and RL_sparky like this.
  3. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    A very interesting comment by O'Keefe in response to a post by an old friend :eek:

4. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

Agreed, O'Keefe seems to be capable of thinking. TM specializes in reiteration.

5. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Noosaville, Aust
    His response seems shrill and desperate. My, how loopy the anti-XMRV mob can get at times, lol

natasa778 likes this.
  6. currer

currer Senior Member

The really interesting thing about this paper is that it is evident there is more to find out about these MRVs and the problems with PCR sequencing at such low copy numbers. I agree with Bob that this area of research will continue to be studied, whatever happens with Lipkin, as it is obvious that some retrovirologists are dissatisfied with the current orthodoxy and want the challenge this area offers.

Bob likes this.
  7. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Simple lesson: stop using PCR.

8. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    The more I read Dr. O'Keefe's blog and her responses, the more I like her!

ukxmrv likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.