Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ok to take these 4 antibiotics long term given my methylation genes?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by ram2390, Dec 3, 2015.

1. ram2390

ram2390

Hi guys so I have Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia and am going to start on these antibiotics soon:

Zithromax
    Minocycline
    Tinidazole
    Bactrim OR Rifampin
    [and Mepron for Babesia but its not an antibiotic]

Since I'm going to be on these long term I was wondering if anyone thinks I should avoid one or more, or watch out for anything in particular or just any other issues given my methylation/etc genetics. I attached some genetics reports. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

@ram2390 - Methylation shouldn't impact your ability to use antibiotics.

3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Bactrim works on bacteria by effecting its folate metabolism but unsure if it effects healthy cells in any way with folate. I use bactrim alot and take methylfolate just in case.

I also thought bactrim works on babesia also???

4. Hanna

Hanna Senior Member

Jerusalem, Israel
    I took Zithromax, Minocycline and Tinidazole without problem. But had an allergic reaction to Bactrim. With this one, it may be the Russian roulette and you have to watch after sudden skin change very seriously (they generally began with eyes/lips and face) and stop immediately if you see something weird/ strange irritation (dixit hubby who is a dermatologist).

See more popular forum discussions.