1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Oil Pulling (Ayurvedic Technique) for Oral and Sinus Issues...

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Wayne, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yes, because grapefruit is a P450 inhibitor. The jury is out about grapefruit seed extract--I have read conflicting opinions, but in my experience is does seem to be, so yes, it is important to consider the half lives of the drugs you are taking.

Sushi
  2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I've read conflicting reports about grapefruit seed extract also, but I'll take your experience into consideration.
  3. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    In one of my previous posts I suggested neem oil. I noticed that some brands say that it's external use only, but I've seen at least one that can be used internally. If you're not swallowing the oil I'm not sure it matters.
  4. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

One Indian friend over 70 years old tells me that they used to swallow a very small cup of neem oil for deworming every year. She remembers it as AWFUL!
    But it worked.
    She is a pharmacist, born in a South Indian pharmacist family.
    This is not a recommendation that you do the same!
  5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Wait, are you saying we all have worms?
  6. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    I oil pull every day - it greatly reduces the number of spots on my skin, so it is clearly helping with detoxification somehow. As soon as I stop, the spots come back. After starting again, within a couple of day they start to go. It really is amazing.
    Asklipia likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.