1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Oil of Oregano

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Nielk, Dec 6, 2011.

1. kurt

kurt Senior Member

USA.Earth
    u&iraok,
    Those are all good bitter herbs. Out of that list, I like Olive Leaf Extract best from that list and have taken it for many years, whenever I have viral symptoms. Seems to have anti-viral properties, and helps me sleep better when I take it at night. Oregano, GSE, Olive Leaf Extract, and Colloid Silver, those are the ones that have helped me the most, also sometimes garlic. But ginger is good for calming an upset stomach, and eucalyptus of course for nasal inflammation.
  2. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Cloves can be used to kill parasites and bacteria in the gut. Ginger and cinnamon are also anti-viral, though not as potent as some of the bitter herbs, but good to put into the mix with them to balance and warm the "coldness" of the bitters.
  3. u&iraok

u&iraok Senior Member

U.S.
    Thanks for posting this about GSE. Well, this is depressing. I had heard something negative about it, but not the details.

You've got to have the USDA seal certified organic.

Anything with benzene, forget it.
  4. u&iraok

u&iraok Senior Member

U.S.
    That's what ginger is primarily known for these days, but it's antimicrobial. A lot of the oils and other constituents in ginger--limonene, camphene, linalool, nerol, geraniol, zingaberene, b-bisabolene etc, are antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral. Also:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18814211

(Interestingly, ginger is also anti-inflammatory and is used for joint problems and even M.S.)

The same is true of the many different types of eucalyptus:

www.altmedrev.com/publications/15/1/33.pdf

(Oh, yeah, Dreambirdie, I forgot Cloves and Cinnamon. ...And Black Walnut. Interesting about balancing the coldness of the bitters.)
  5. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    So far, I am seeing some improvement with taking 3 capsues a day of the oil of oregano (mixed with olive oil).
    I'm also using am electric personal steamer which is very soothing and brings some relief.
  6. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Glad to hear this, Nielk. I wish you ever greater relief.
  7. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Thanks DB :)

See more popular forum discussions.