• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OI with high BP?

Countrygirl

Where did you order it from? I am not getting much benefit yet from my third BP medication, and would rather take something natural. Let us know how you get on. I'm very sorry to hear of your bad experiences.

Hi MeSci

I did try some years ago when I had an episode of hypertension and it worked brilliantly. I then stopped taking it and my BP dropped into my boots again. At the time I recommended it to a friend with ME and hypertension and he found it very effective. I also recall him telling me that he stayed with a doctor-friend who was also taking it rather than prescription meds. Actually, I completely forgot about it for a long while, and then found that it had soared in price.

I am not up to googling at the moment so, after finding that Amazon has run out of stock, I purchased two pots from here https://www.wonderofherbs.com. The postage is a wicked price, but as it is rather urgent, I have ordered a couple of pots. I know nothing about this company so you may do better if you search around. You can purchase a cheaper make, but I hear it is better to stick to Ivy's. Goodness knows what is in it, but at this stage anything is worth a go.

Edited to ask: Does anyone know of a consultant in the UK who recognises ME and has knowledge of hypertensive POTS, please? I doubt there is one unless Prof Julia Newton has knowledge of it. She is at the other end of the country to me but she might be prepared to speak to my GP, I guess. Thanks.

Last edited:

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Hi MeSci

I did try some years ago when I had an episode of hypertension and it worked brilliantly. I then stopped taking it and my BP dropped into my boots again. At the time I recommended it to a friend with ME and hypertension and he found it very effective. I also recall him telling me that he stayed with a doctor-friend who was also taking it rather than prescription meds. Actually, I completely forgot about it for a long while, and then found that it had soared in price.

I am not up to googling at the moment so, after finding that Amazon has run out of stock, I purchased two pots from here https://www.wonderofherbs.com. The postage is a wicked price, but as it is rather urgent, I have ordered a couple of pots. I know nothing about this company so you may do better if you search around. You can purchase a cheaper make, but I hear it is better to stick to Ivy's. Goodness knows what is in it, but at this stage anything is worth a go.

Edited to ask: Does anyone know of a consultant in the UK who recognises ME and has knowledge of hypertensive POTS, please? I doubt there is one unless Prof Julia Newton has knowledge of it. She is at the other end of the country to me but she might be prepared to speak to my GP, I guess. Thanks.
I hope you get an answer soon.

I have just bought 2 containers of the product on Amazon US, having read the reviews, which are mostly good. The one-container offer which had reviews was not available to the UK. It is said to arrive Friday, May 6 -
Wednesday, May 11.

The ingredients listed on the site you gave are

Gotu Kola (Whole Plant)
Aloeweed (Whole Plant)
Arjuna Tree (Bark)
Sedge (Leaf)
Climbing Staff Tree (Seed)
Indian Elecampane (Root)
Winter Cherry (Root)
Gulancha Tinospora (Stem)
Fresh Water Pearl Powder

Other Ingredients:

Gum Acacia, Talcum, Aerosil

Maybe if it doesn't help me, I can send it to you, if the date is acceptable and you still need it? I hope it does help me though. I am feeling lousy - not that my blood pressure reading would reveal anything!

ryan31337

Hi @Countrygirl, sorry to hear you're suffering. I've had very similar experiences to yourself, @Sidereal & others here with massively volatile BP & HR, seemingly associated with fatigue/posture. My record was 230/140, luckily caught on a 24hr monitor! It's settled down now with increased rest, low dose beta blockers and electrolyte/salt loading.

Take a look at my thread here regarding a very good UK doctor with POTS knowledge: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ll-very-promising-pots-treatment-in-uk.43598/

I'm still undergoing investigations in case its something 'simple' like a pheochromocytoma but in his initial letter he raised the possibility of orthostatic hypertension so he is aware. He also understands his limitations and told me he would send me to a hypertensionologist if necessary :thumbsup:

Countrygirl

I hope you get an answer soon.

I have just bought 2 containers of the product on Amazon US, having read the reviews, which are mostly good. The one-container offer which had reviews was not available to the UK. It is said to arrive Friday, May 6 -
Wednesday, May 11.

The ingredients listed on the site you gave are

Gotu Kola (Whole Plant)
Aloeweed (Whole Plant)
Arjuna Tree (Bark)
Sedge (Leaf)
Climbing Staff Tree (Seed)
Indian Elecampane (Root)
Winter Cherry (Root)
Gulancha Tinospora (Stem)
Fresh Water Pearl Powder

Other Ingredients:

Gum Acacia, Talcum, Aerosil

Maybe if it doesn't help me, I can send it to you, if the date is acceptable and you still need it? I hope it does help me though. I am feeling lousy - not that my blood pressure reading would reveal anything!

Hello @MeSci,

Thank you so much. I may take you up on your offer, but I would much rather that it proves to be helpful to you. All the best with it.

I had a call from my GP today who was alarmingly sympathetic. I have to be in her surgery for various tests and ECGs at the crack of doom tomorrow. That will be a challenge as I can hardly walk to the dining room or hold a conversation for many minutes. I have ordered a taxi for the six-mile round trip. I gather she wants me to take a cocktail of anti-hypertensives which concerns me as I am so sensitive to medications and many cause me to 'crash'. Challenging days ahead I think.

Countrygirl

Hi @Countrygirl, sorry to hear you're suffering. I've had very similar experiences to yourself, @Sidereal & others here with massively volatile BP & HR, seemingly associated with fatigue/posture. My record was 230/140, luckily caught on a 24hr monitor! It's settled down now with increased rest, low dose beta blockers and electrolyte/salt loading.

Take a look at my thread here regarding a very good UK doctor with POTS knowledge: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ll-very-promising-pots-treatment-in-uk.43598/

I'm still undergoing investigations in case its something 'simple' like a pheochromocytoma but in his initial letter he raised the possibility of orthostatic hypertension so he is aware. He also understands his limitations and told me he would send me to a hypertensionologist if necessary :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to respond @ryan31337 I am about to read your thread and make some notes for my GP. It is good too to learn that I am in good company with this problem. A little while ago when feeling that my BP had shot skyward, I took my pressure and it recorded 25/130 with high pulse and arrhythmia, so we are indeed in a similar state. A bit scary!

I hope you can keep the hypertension at bay and I wish you all the very best.

C.G.