• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OFFER September Conference: 'Advances in the science and treatment of ME/CFS and Fibro'

Firestormm

logo.png

"Advances in the Science and Treatment of ME/CFS* and Fibromyalgia" Edition VII

Healthcare Provider Conference

ADVANCES IN THE SCIENCE AND TREATMENT OF ME/CFS and FM (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia)

Saturday, September 13, 2014, Sheraton Hotel, 150 West 500 South, Salt Lake City, Utah

Sponsored by: The Organization for Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Education and Research (OFFER)
and The University of Utah School of Medicine Office of CME (UUCME)

Conference Program

PROVIDER CONFERENCE

7:30-8:00

Registration/Pre-test

8:00-8:15

Welcome, Intro and case definitions of ME/CFS & FM

Lucinda Bateman, MD
Executive Director of OFFER

8:15-9:00

Results of a multi-site clinical study of ME/CFS in 4 US CFS specialty clinics

Elizabeth Unger, MD PhD
Acting Chief, Viral Chronic Diseases Branch, Center for Disease Control and Prevention

9:00-9:30

Using gene expression technology to objectively subset and diagnose fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and depression

Alan Light, PhD
U of U, Depts. of Anesthesiology
and Neurobiology and Anatomy

9:30-9:45

BREAK

9:45-10:15

The discovery and documentation of small fiber neuropathy in fibromyalgia patients and how it may impact diagnosis and treatment in clinical practice

Magdelena Lang, PhD
MA General Hospital, Boston MA
Dept of Neurology

10:15-10:45

Managing the Five Challenges of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Bruce Campbell, PhD
Author, Managing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia: A Seven-Part Plan and director of
website "CFIDS & Fibromyalgia Self-Help"

10:45-11:45

Panel Discussion

All Speakers, Dr. Bateman

11:45-12:00

Post-Test/Evaluations

To Register for the Healthcare Provider's Conference, click here

Patient Conference

1:00 PM to 5:00 pm

Presented by the Organization for Fatigue & Fibromyalgia Education & Research (OFFER), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.

Speakers:

Elizabeth Unger, MD PhD

Acting Chief, Viral Chronic Diseases Branch, Center for Disease Control and Prevention

Alan Light, PhD

U of U, Depts. of Anesthesiology
and Neurobiology and Anatomy

Magdelena Lang, PhD

MA General Hospital, Boston MA
Dept of Neurology

Bruce Campbell, PhD

Author, Managing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia: A Seven-Part Plan and director of
website "CFIDS & Fibromyalgia Self-Help"

and Break-out sessions

GracieJ

These are really good! Have watched the videos later on one. This is my city... wish I could get there, but will wait for info.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I think it is interesting that they are giving the providers a pre-test and a post-test.