• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Odd thing when stopping Methylcobalamin

Has anyone had any painful heart palpitations while talking 5000mcg Methylcobalamin?

I am a bit worried that I have some random pains in my heart due to Potassium low due the MB12? Should I go out tomorrow and pick up some Potassium?

Last edited:

ahmo

Yes, @Coolie very likely potassium. If you need something immediately, find some salt substitute, K+ chloride.I can't suggest dosages, it's pretty individual. K+ gluconate tablets are generally 99mg. Not very much, but that's the highest dose since they can irritate stomach. I use powdered K+ Gluconate, have found it the most versatile. You might check the guide linked in my signature to get an idea of doses. cheers, ahmo