1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Occupy CFS: My Feedback to IoM

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by justinreilly, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    J. Wiley's letter of comment to the IoM regarding panel members.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    Purple, Chris and alex3619 like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Broderick is a brilliant analyst of complex systems, but works very closely with Klimas, and I would guess they would not want two so closely allied? Chris
  3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I have a suspicion that complex systems analysis might fly against EBM, even though its probably the way of the future.
    Chris likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    I don't believe for a moment that the IOM would or even could appoint a researcher from the UK, but Julia Newton could be so good --she and her team are really getting somwhere with the basic nature of fatigue and PEM and the key role of the ANS, and she has collaborated with Jason on definition...I am definitely a fan. I tried to make the case, but.... things are not so bad, but we have to dream a bit--so now we wait and see.... Chris.
  5. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    I think we should all say a very big "Thank YOU!" to Jennie for having organized, nursed along, and finally produced a reasoned response to the contract nominations--I had thought in general terms of doing something, but it was Jennie who issued an invitation to collaborate, who found and distributed information, and then produced a reply that has stimulated others to join in the fight. Thank you for all Jennie! Chris
    beaker, jspotila, leela and 5 others like this.
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Thank you, @jspotila
    beaker and Keela Too like this.
  7. medfeb

medfeb Senior Member

Bob, Gemini, justinreilly and 4 others like this.
  8. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

Just seeing this in the post-holiday haze. Thank you @Chris and @Nielk! I took all volunteers to the effort, even those I did not know, and was incredibly pleased with how the group worked together. We did an incredible amount of work in a very short time, working from different time zones and severity of illness. It's amazing to see other people using that work in their own letters to IOM and to build on what we did. Terrific effort by all involved!

See more popular forum discussions.