Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Occult Blood in stool

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by overtheedge, Jun 23, 2017.

1. overtheedge

overtheedge

What could this mean, I think I may have LGS, have dysbiosis every time i take a stool test or at least have several confirmed pathogens in my gut, always take something to kill them that my doc prescribes but then have different pathogens the next time.

What is the significance of occult blood, should note my stool color is always rather pale, golden in color, never any of the colors that would indicate bleeding.

Any supplements/Rx's I should get, any tests I should run?

2. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    overtheedge likes this.
  3. overtheedge

overtheedge

Thank you, i read the article, good stuff

I wonder if I should have a colonoscopy

I mean, I only want to know about what is causing this if it could have something that could help me beat my CFS or if if it turns out to be life threatening which I honestly don't think I could handle with how bad my health is

4. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Hi, @overtheedge please see your doctor, or go to a gastro-enterologist. They will decide with you what the next steps are. A colonoscopy may well be recommended but do make sure you also get blood work which would include hematology, anemia investigation, liver enzymes and the like.

Best wishes

5. overtheedge

overtheedge

my liver enzymes are fine
    CBC's are almost always normal for me with the exception of the occasionally high bilirubin

6. Kati

Kati Patient in training

High bili is not normal and part of liver function. Once more, please seek out medical advice.

See more popular forum discussions.