1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Obama's new ME/CFS person?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Andrew, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    From what I remember, the women who was Obama's point person on ME/CFS left for a different job. I think I might have read here awhile ago that there is a new person taking care of ME/CFS. If someone knows where this message is, can you point me to it. And if you know a way to contact this person, please let me know.
  2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Courtney Miller was answered by Obama. Obama asked Nancy-Ann DeParle to stay in touch with Dr. Francis Collins at NIH and Dr. Howard Koh at HHS.
  3. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Don't hold your breath.

GG
  4. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Nancy-Ann DeParle resigned. I think there was an announcement here about who filled her position, but I can't find it.
  5. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

Rob Nabors filled Nancy-Ann DeParle's position, whether he picked up her ME/CFS assignment perhaps Bob or Courtney Miller can answer that for you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Nabors
    Valentijn likes this.
  6. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Thanks. After reading the replies I think I understand this better. What Obama did is let the heads of two important agencies know that he is concerned about this, and that he's watching them. All very good. But I don't see any leverage there in terms of investigating possible less than professional actions by the agencies themselves. IOW, he's taking them at their word.

See more popular forum discussions.