Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Obama: Requests NIH Launch 10-Year $3 Bil. Brain Activity Project

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by MishMash, Feb 19, 2013.

1. MishMash

MishMash

Georgia
    Alzheimers, Parkinsons, MS, a many other neuro-immune illnesses are threatening to swamp the U.S. medical system, especially as the babyboomers get older. By 2020, there will be 80 million people over the age of 65 in this country. The rates of dementia, disability, invalidism will skyrocket. (I put CFS/FM right smack in the middle of these illnesses , in case you were wondering why I was posting this.)

President Obama has suggested a huge new NIH project aimed at mapping the brain's function, patterned after the success of the Human Genome Project. We may finally be getting somewhere. My comment here, "Thank God, the right man won the election." If this is "big government" then please, give me more of it!

The Scientist»
    Obama to Back Brain Mapping

2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    thanks for reporting MishMash, looks a great idea.

3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Alivisatos et al. wrote: “Not least, we might expect novel understanding and therapies for diseases such as schizophrenia and autism.”

4. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Best of luck to all of us, wonder where we are going to get that money from? Like we are swimming in it! LOL

GG

5. Waverunner

Waverunner Senior Member

Great news.

See more popular forum discussions.