1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Obama announced $100 million proposal for brain research

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by waiting, Apr 2, 2013.

1. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Little Bluestem and Marianarchy like this.
  2. Kati

Kati Patient in training

The Canadian government made that same announcement a few months ago. No sign of ME or FM.

3. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Thanks for the reminder, Kati.

Here's an interesting Toronto Star article today about the role of both Canada and the US in their respective brain initiatives. It specifically refers to an expected collaboration between the 2 countries.

Another interesting point ... Both have a $100 million price tag, but I would have thought that the US, being more populous than Canada by a factor of 10, would fund something like this also by a factor of 10 greater than Canada ... not that $100 million isn't already a relatively large amount (compared to the research dollars allocated to ME).

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...p_with_alzheimers_strokes_other_diseases.html

4. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Canada is doing much better than us financially, at least they do not have a massive debt like the US!

GG

5. Ember

Ember Senior Member

This article strikes a more sombre note:

"Sequestration Stupidity is Genetic, Hitting Front-Line Medical Research"

Posted: 04/03/2013 1:34 pm EDT | Updated: 04/03/2013 5:03 pm EDT
    More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/sequestration-medical-research_n_3007448.html

6. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Dr. Francis Collins was the guest on The Colbert Report tonight, discussing the BRAIN project. He referred to Alzheimer's, autism, epilepsy...

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.