• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OAT test

I have a phone consult with a dr to go over my OAT test.

I am attaching a copy to see if anyone has any thoughts.

My main symptoms are lifelong anxiety/ocd/depression. More severe than most anxious people.

I take vitamin D and magnesium. I have been taking Methylfolate, B minus and B12 for a couple months before this tests

I periodically take zinc and copper. I tried 5htp for a bit a month or so ago.

Any thoughts

Attachments

• OATtest.pdf
    730 KB · Views: 51

Sea

I don't know enough to offer any ideas but I'd say it's good that there are some things showing up that if you address might make a difference in your health.

The Glutaric Aciduria Type 1 that your report mentions is worth following up on. You might find some answers for that one in your 23andme raw data or you might need further genetic testing. Mutations that cause this disorder are found on the GCDH gene. Have you run @Valentijn 's programme to flag your rare results?
http://www.omim.org/entry/608801

@Sea

Thank you

Great! Something else to worry about. I am so anxious, it is hard to function. Every time I turn around, I have another health problem to worry about. I honestly feel like I am doomed.

I haven't run @Valentijn 's program. I don't know what that is

Thank you

Sea

I understand that the anxiety makes it hard to function, but instead of something new to worry about try to see this as something that may give you answers that can actually help the anxiety. I believe that people who suffer with anxiety often have underlying biochemical causes. Finding them can lead to treatment that resolves the anxiety.

Rlman

@Rlman Thanks for the post

I don't think that it is PANDAS.

I did see HIP's post
Thank you

also the PR member Ahmo has interesting posts on her profile about how she calmed her nervous system with diet change, methylation supps, special B2, other supps, but I don't know if she had ocd or depression