• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OAT points to a Mito problem--then why don't their recommended supplements work?

grapes

I think that I am finding the same. I am 63, and things that I could cope with before are now impossible. I can't even follow your reasoning, or anyone else's properly.

I do hope there is an answer...

MeSci, I have a theory--that it doesn't matter how many of the right supplements we take if we haven't done what it takes to heal the damaged mito in the first place. i.e. yes, we're giving the right supplements, but we're giving them to that which is less than effective in the first place. It makes complete sense to me to put even more emphasis on healing. That's where NT Factor and/or BodyBio PC fall into place, and for me, 3-4 times a day.

Quoting from another string in this forum that makes complete sense to me:
The Mitochondria can becomes damaged and leaky from an overload of metabolic waste. Phospholipids and glycolipids can repair cellular membranes by increasing cell membrane fluidity. By repairing these membranes we allow our cells to increase their nutrient uptake so that the mitochondria may product more ATP.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
MeSci, I have a theory--that it doesn't matter how many of the right supplements we take if we haven't done what it takes to heal the damaged mito in the first place. i.e. yes, we're giving the right supplements, but we're giving them to that which is less than effective in the first place. It makes complete sense to me to put even more emphasis on healing. That's where NT Factor and/or BodyBio PC fall into place, and for me, 3-4 times a day.

Quoting from another string in this forum that makes complete sense to me:
I think I have too much energy at times now, from hyperthyroidism, I suspect. But at the same time I don't have enough mentally. It's being looked into. I don't like the look of some of the solutions though...