• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NZ petition - everyone can sign

jace

Off the fence
I hope this is not a duplicate thread. If it is, mods, please delete or merge. Thankyou.

Please help our friends in New Zealand to get the care they need and deserve. The closing date is 17th November.

SLUMPED with exhaustion and a feeling of helplessness, Wendy Matthews lay in bed for seven years.

I just felt I had no energy to expend at all, says Mrs Matthews. At times I couldnt feed myself and turn over.

There was green goo coming out of my eyes, and the longest I went without a bath, hair wash or teeth-clean was three months.

The Brookby resident is the driving force behind a petition to Parliament to raise public awareness of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also known as Myalgic Encephalopathy (ME).

Its aims are to establish dedicated research, assessment, treatment and respite care facilities for chronic fatigue sufferers; provide support and funding for patients and carers; promote education for health professionals and the public on the illness; and address the misconception that the condition is a psychological illness.

http://www.times.co.nz/front-page-feature/petition-for-parliament-brings-hope.html

We the undersigned respectfully request that the House of Representatives consider the needs of those with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), and Fibromyalgia (FM) and support the following outcomes:

1. To establish dedicated research, assessment, treatment and respite care facilities.

2. To provide support and funding for patients and carers.

3. To promote education for both health professionals and the public, thereby rectifying the misunderstanding that many with these illnesses are experiencing, due to the lack of appropriate information regarding the cause and treatment of these illnesses.

4. To rectify the misconception that these are psychological illnesses and to acknowledge and validate, the enormous physical and emotional suffering of those afflicted with them.

http://www.petitiononline.co.nz/pet...gic-encephalomyelitis-me-fibromyalgia-fm/1361