1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NYT article about three main types of gut ecosystems

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by lizw118, Apr 21, 2011.

1. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

2. sensing progress

sensing progress Senior Member

Tucson, AZ
    yes, this was extremely interesting! I can't help but think that this will lead to medical breakthroughs eventually down the road. the analogy they used was that blood typing allowed for better medical interventions with blood transfusions (matching blood types). perhaps something similar will come of this.
  3. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    Yes I thought this was so interesting and if substantiated could mean that some of the current treatment for lowering Prevotella (aka KDM) may be considered obsolete.

I'd love to read the full text article from Nature online but it's about $34 to buy. Does anyone have it?
  4. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

What are the treatments for lowering prevotella? I have high-normal amounts...
    Liz
  5. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    Last week I was prescribed Paromomycin for raised intestinal bacteria (Eubacterium, Prevotella and Porphyromonas) which I haven't started yet. However since reading this abstract and review, I am wondering whether I may fit the low Bacteroides/high Prevotella group as my Bacteroides were also almost non-existant.

I would hate to start an antibiotic to correct something which was a 'normal' subgroup occurrence. I am making enquiries and proceeding with caution on this!

See more popular forum discussions.