1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nystatin 500000 and abx

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by roxie60, Apr 20, 2014.

1. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Anyone taking nystatin and abx? Trying to verify it is ok, effective to take nystatin dose along with the abx, same time. Called the pharmacist but did not feel he was confident telling me it is ok. I know taking probiotics has to occur 2 hrs befor or after taking abx. Since nystatin is an antifungal just want to be sure it is ok to take at the same time.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Some antibiotics makers put nystatin in the capsule so I guess they think it is OK--though who knows what is behind what drug companies do! :nervous:

Sushi
    roxie60 likes this.
  3. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

If I ever take antibiotics again I will make sure i take nystatin with them. It took me a long time to fix my candida overgrowth. Quite a few DR's in europe prescribe nystatin with abx.

http://ispd.org/lang-/component/expertqa?task=view&qid=856

Little Bluestem and roxie60 like this.
  4. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Thank you so much for that info, one less thing to worry about.

See more popular forum discussions.