1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NY Times Interview with Klimas & Zilch from Cleveland Clinic Conference

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Jimk, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Jimk

Jimk

Cleveland, Ohio
  2. Advocate

Advocate Senior Member

U.S.A.
    The reporter for the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote, "Silverman's lab has been trying to fill requests as quickly as possible, sending the virus DNA -- not the live virus -- by mail in a test tube. (The researcher can then insert the DNA into human cells in the lab, which makes the actual virus.)"

I was surprised by that. I thought Silverman would be sending RNA.

3. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

4. calzy

calzy Senior Member

Naples Florida
    Klimas

Does anyone know if Klimas will continue her role/job at the U. of Miami?

5. Samuel

Samuel Bedbound with NO DOCTOR

Advocate, I have no idea about this, but I wonder if it's pre-insertion DNA, which a researcher can insert into human DNA, thus creating virions.

RNA might be hard to assemble into a virus.

Viruses might be unsafe to send through the mail.

Just a guess.

See more popular forum discussions.