Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NY Times / Health / Patient Voices: all but ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Rafael, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Rafael

Rafael XMRV+ Member

Ontario, Canada
  2. paddygirl

paddygirl Senior Member

I think this is an excellent resource, it did strike me that many of those patients sounded as if they have ME/FM with the levels of fatigue they report. I think the label you eventually get depends on the doctor that diagnoses you and his own personal bias. I'll be forwarding this to people I know with other conditions. How sad that so many are so young, but still fighting this monster.

I like the young woman who wants a live-in acupuncturist hairdresser and maid - maybe one talented individual could do it all - my favorite would be a book keeper and landscaper in house.:D

Thanks for posting this x

3. meadowlark

meadowlark Senior Member

Toronto, Canada
    Great idea, Rafael, and greetings from another Ontario sufferer.

I will happily write, but our letters should go the same person ... would it be the editor of the Health section? And what is the estimated number of sufferers in the U.S.? (Just want to make sure that if my letter mentions a number, it's the right one.)

4. Rafael

Rafael XMRV+ Member

Ontario, Canada
    I didn't know there were meadowlarks in Toronto. I'm out in the sticks.

There was a "Send Feedback" part at bottom left on the main page (the one link goes to) so I went that route.
    I just told them that their concept was a very good one.... but that I was personally disappointed that we got left out ... and why we really could use increased awareness.

5. meadowlark

meadowlark Senior Member

Toronto, Canada
    Thanks, Rafael. On my small macbook, that "Send Feedback" link was awfully tiny. I just sent my feedback.

Lots of meadowlarks in the prairies, where I used to live!

6. LJS

LJS Insert Witty Comment Here

East Coast, USA
    I also did this, keep it up folks.

See more popular forum discussions.