• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nutrition Experts: What is the nutrient content of raw liver juice?

douglasmich

Call me crazy, but instead of buying vitamins I've started to make raw organic calves liver juice.

YES i am aware of the risks of raw meat and i don't condone it. Not looking to discuss this.

What id really like to know is, if i grind 100g of raw calves liver into a pulp, then press it hydraulically, what vitamins and minerals will be in the juice?

Will vitamin A make its way in there?

Again not looking to discuss the dangers or the reasons. Just want to know the nutrient content of raw liver juice. The method of extractor i use makes a very potent juice its not just watery.

much appreciated

invisiblejungle

Not sure if the vitamin A would make it, since it's a fat-soluble vitamin, and the juice would be mostly water.

Just curious, why wouldn't you just eat the whole raw liver instead of juicing it? I was a raw foodist for a couple years, pretty much lived on raw meat, raw dairy, raw bone marrow, etc. Raw liver tastes pretty good. But raw pancreas is a different story! :thumbdown:

douglasmich

Ok cheers.

My digestion is 100% broken i cannot eat solid food. I have been juicing everything and now liver !

invisiblejungle

Ok cheers.

My digestion is 100% broken i cannot eat solid food. I have been juicing everything and now liver !

My digestion is 100% broken as well. I'm actually getting surgery soon to get a feeding tube. Raw liver juice sounds like a good idea!

You should try some blackstrap molasses if you haven't already. It's one of the most mineral-rich substances out there. Nutritional yeast is pretty good too. It's a powder that you could add to your juices. The brand I like most is Bluebonnet.

If you want to be sure about vitamin A, you could buy gelcaps that contain vitamin A extracted from fish oil, cut them open, and squeeze them into your juices. The brand I use is Country Life.