Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nutrition Data website

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Rand56, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    I stumbled across this website and this would be beneficial for anyone wanting to know a detailed breakdown of all vitamins and minerals in foods that you are getting in your diet. You can even search for your favorite fast food if you have a hankering for it and you want to know what's in it :)

Checking the folate content and potassium content is definitely the more important ones to check for.....

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

2. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    Thanks for the link Rand. It looks like there is some excellent information there.

Kina.

3. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    hi Kina

Yes it seems like a great site. I should have mentioned that when you are searching for a particular type of food the more detailed breakdown of vitamins and minerals is shown when you scroll down the page further. Don't want people to think the only Nutrition Facts is from the typical label that you will see on either canned or boxed foods that is shown at the top of the page.

4. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

This is about the most useful nutrition site I have seen. Besides the nutritional content, it has glycemic load and inflammation factor. That caloric ratio pyramid is pretty cute. I was especially pleased to see Gaining weight the healthy way. My father is extremely underweight and I get so tired of hearing about nothing but overweight. Actually, his dietitian said she was not too concerned about how healthy his diet is as long as he eats sufficient calories and protein.

5. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    cool site, saved it now, a few interesting things like a fullness index and an inflammation factor as well as gi index, need to look through it more but seems to be the best i have seen. good find.

cheers!!!

6. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    This is great. Thanks!

See more popular forum discussions.