• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nutrients from food, paleo 'cheats'. Working for me, at last!!

Lazy Caveman

Another lazy caveman
After 5 years with life-changing ME/CFS symptoms, I have settled on an approach that seems to be working for me. I'm not 'cured', but way closer to living a normal life. Most of the improvement has come from changes in diet. How do I know I'm not just 'better', and the diet has nothing to do with it? - When I stop the diet, even stop a few elements of it, I go downhill quickly. So, I'd like to share what I'm doing. Let me know what you think.

And, please ask questions.

I've made a Google Doc with the list of foods and an example day

https://goo.gl/3cDtQj

By the way, I'm not 'The' lazy caveman, just another lazy cave man... I'm not dedicated to Paleo, just want to be well!

I think a nutrient rich diet goes a long way to helping our situation. I am nowhere near cured but had good improvement over the past few years with making huge changes to diet. Also lots of veggie juices and a few high quality supplements.