• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NutrEval Test Results

jpredsoxdude00

randomguy145
Hello all-

I am having a difficult time trying to fix some of my health issues (anxiety, depression, muscle pains, fatigue, twitching, stomach issues, etc). My nails are brittle and flakey and I am losing scalp hair (I am only 22). I had a NutrEval test done several months ago, and I have been on the B-Vitamins recommended and have tried a few other supplements. I have come to the conclusion that a Krebs Cycle malfunction is the cause of my issues (at least the core issues), however I do not think the problem is necessarily the Citric Acid Cycle itself, but rather impaired glycolysis.

My lactic acid is <dl, which is the opposite problem of most CFS issues. I do NOT eat a low carb diet. My cortisol is slightly low in mornings on the saliva test and my blood glucose has been elevated. Cysteine is also high, which leads me to believe that Coenzyme A is not being produced, leading to a buildup of the Cysteine. Also, the Suberic acid is high as well. All types of Carnitine did not seem to help any bit, and I am not convinced that Carnitine is the main issue. I believe Carnitine will naturally come up as my methylation status improves.

If anybody has some insight as to what may be going on, I would really appreciate it!

Attachments

• JacobPNutrEVal.pdf
    995.2 KB · Views: 36
I am a rookie but I have some thoughts:

Since you have borderline low zinc and low b6, have you ever looked into pyroluria?

Also, I would look into getting started on a methylation protocol. This forum will be really helpful for that.