1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NutrEval question…Amino acid results

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by dannybex, Nov 16, 2013.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I've only been meaning to ask this for about TWO years…sigh…but here goes:Are the amino acid results from blood levels or what's being dumped in the urine? I can't figure it out from the report.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: @caledonia :)
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Hi Dannybex. 2 years - lol - now that's procrastinating.

I looked at my test and it says Amino Acids (FMV). FMV = First Morning Void, which means urine. There are also creatinine markers at the bottom of the page, which is something measured in urine.

However, there are two versions of the Nutreval, one is FMV and the other I think is all done by the blood. On another section of my test (Fatty Acids) it says RBCs, which is red blood cells. So basically you should be able to tell by whether it says FMV or RBC in the title of the page or section.
  3. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Thank you so much. FMV…I thought it was…well, I better not say what I thought that meant. :)Very helpful. Makes a difference if you know it's aminos you're dumping, vs what's in the bloodstream.
  4. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Have you tried treatment with amino acids?

See more popular forum discussions.