• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NutrEval question…Amino acid results

dannybex

I've only been meaning to ask this for about TWO years…sigh…but here goes:Are the amino acid results from blood levels or what's being dumped in the urine? I can't figure it out from the report.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: @caledonia :)

Last edited:

caledonia

Hi Dannybex. 2 years - lol - now that's procrastinating.

I looked at my test and it says Amino Acids (FMV). FMV = First Morning Void, which means urine. There are also creatinine markers at the bottom of the page, which is something measured in urine.

However, there are two versions of the Nutreval, one is FMV and the other I think is all done by the blood. On another section of my test (Fatty Acids) it says RBCs, which is red blood cells. So basically you should be able to tell by whether it says FMV or RBC in the title of the page or section.

dannybex

Thank you so much. FMV…I thought it was…well, I better not say what I thought that meant. :)Very helpful. Makes a difference if you know it's aminos you're dumping, vs what's in the bloodstream.

knackers323

Thank you so much. FMV…I thought it was…well, I better not say what I thought that meant. :)Very helpful. Makes a difference if you know it's aminos you're dumping, vs what's in the bloodstream.

Have you tried treatment with amino acids?