• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nutreval Interpretation Guide

caledonia

Is this interpretation guide unique to people with ME or does it apply to anyone using the test? I am planning to get the test through my doctor. Can I depend on her to interpret it correctly or do I need to use this guide?

From what I've heard from other people, your doc will probably use the doctor's interpretation that the company puts out, maybe along with his/her expertise (depending on what kind of doctor yours is).

It will likely leave a lot to be desired compared to Rich Vank's interpretations (the Nutreval Interpretation Guide).

You can also request a copy of the doctor's interpretation from your doctor, if you want to compare and contrast the two.

As far as does Nutreval Interpretation Guide just apply to people with ME - it's targeted towards people with ME, but I would think it would apply to anyone exhibiting methylation problems.

Last edited:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
So I may need to tell my dr. that I think an Interpretation Guide I found on the internet is better than the one the company produces. That should be interesting.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Well, I thought I was going to get the test through my doctor. She wanted to do it last fall, but I didn't think I was ready to shell out that much money.

I decided this spring that I had better do it since I am not getting any better. She/her nurse did not disagree, but they have not been following through with any expediency. I think I am probably going to wind up returning the test kit.

Has anyone got the test without the assistance of a doctor? If so, does the company send you the doctor's interpretation?

caledonia

Well, I thought I was going to get the test through my doctor. She wanted to do it last fall, but I didn't think I was ready to shell out that much money.

I decided this spring that I had better do it since I am not getting any better. She/her nurse did not disagree, but they have not been following through with any expediency. I think I am probably going to wind up returning the test kit.

Has anyone got the test without the assistance of a doctor? If so, does the company send you the doctor's interpretation?

Yes, I got it through Integrativepsychiatry.net. They have a doctor there who will approve it for you. I got the lab taken at Any Lab Test now, which is a chain of independent labs in many (most?) cities.

Yes, Integrative Psychiatry will send you the whole interpretation (doctor's + patient's).

@caledonia
Great work, thank you very much. It helped me a lot to understand my Organix test. The fog is lifting (not my brain fog, but the fog of the data found in the test results)

@caledonia
Since I made an organic acid (Organix) test I used your interpretation guide, many thanks.

In addition I looked at my suspicious results and made some research on them. All of this I put into a file to have an overview. This helped me because I also reseached for different names of the same substance, which was very confusing to me at the beginning.

I do not know if this may halp anyone. But maybe it could be used as a base information. Therefore I publish a draft here. I could update it with new information if requested.

As an example, what did I find out with my test results:
Problems with:
gut inflamation (SlgA)
gut problems (only a view bacterial dysbiosis marker are out of the range)
severe pancreas insufficiency
BH4 deficit
THF deficit (tetraydrofolate)
glutathione depletion
B2 deficit
biotin deficit (significant)
CBS upregulation
Kynurentate problem (could mean COMT, inflamation, stress, B2 deficit, B6 deficit ...)

No problems (where I thought I have some):
Enouth B12 (I supplement that)
other B vitamins sufficient (I supplement them)
no signs of candida
most bacterial dysbiosis marker are okay (better than expected)

Attachments

• test interpretation v1 draft.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 160

caledonia

@caledonia
Since I made an organic acid (Organix) test I used your interpretation guide, many thanks.

In addition I looked at my suspicious results and made some research on them. All of this I put into a file to have an overview. This helped me because I also reseached for different names of the same substance, which was very confusing to me at the beginning.

I do not know if this may halp anyone. But maybe it could be used as a base information. Therefore I publish a draft here. I could update it with new information if requested.

Malk - wow! - many thanks for making this detailed cross reference chart. I'm sure this will be very helpful for those who have done similar tests from different labs.

Jigsaw

@caledonia

Brilliant info, thanks.

And useful for extrapolating from, even without the Nutreval Test (am in UK, and skint from 10 years of being too ill to work & generate money).

Learning SO much from PR. Thankyou.

almost

Resurrecting this thread is like finding treasure on an archeological dig, but I had to say, @caledonia , that this is a great guide. Thank you.

Thanks to you @dannybex also, as I have similar wasting issues. Did you find something to overcome/reverse it?

dannybex

Resurrecting this thread is like finding treasure on an archeological dig, but I had to say, @caledonia , that this is a great guide. Thank you.

Thanks to you @dannybex also, as I have similar wasting issues. Did you find something to overcome/reverse it?
Well, I did, then after I was doing better...I took it for granted, backed off on the supplements, and slowly got a lot worse again, so I'm slowly starting over.

But I recovered probably by about 50%, and mainly followed the GRJ protocol (B12oils, with an emphasis on B2, iodine, molybdenum and selenium -- there are many posts about it on PR -- I'll post the main one below), except with more methylfolate (Metafolin), along with some d-ribose from time to time. I also added thiamine which helps. All of that allowed me to tolerate more foods, and adding eggs (which I couldn't tolerate for...10 years) really helped as well.

Anyway, this allowed me to increase my ability to stand, then to walk, to where I went from being almost bedridden to walking up to the fifth floor in my apt building 2x a week. I was also able to walk into grocery stores, etc., and stand for longer periods of time, instead of being pushed in a wheelchair.

But because we all got sick in different ways, from different combinations of different factors, what works for some doesn't necessarily work for others -- but good luck.

Here's one of many threads on the protocol from those who've tried it:

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/transdermal-b12-oils.33172/page-39