• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NutrEval and 2100 GI Effects results

BFG

Hello all, I just recieved my nutrEval(plasma) and metametrix 2100 stool analysis test results and have been trying to piece all of it together. My pcp does not know anything about these results and I am currently looking for an intergrative medicine doctor who can help me interpret these results.

So far here is what I have made of some of the markers in my nutrEval results with the help of caledonia/richs guide(thanks for putting it all together) and genovas guide www.gdx.net/core/interpretive-guides/Amino-Acids-Interp-Guide.pdf‎:
DSC00488.JPG
DSC00489.JPG
DSC00490.JPG
DSC00491.JPG
DSC00492.JPG
DSC00494.JPG
DSC00495.JPG
DSC00496.JPG
DSC00497.JPG

suspect impaired hepatic detoxification due to:
High Cysteine
Very high cystathionine
Low Taurine
(all suggestive of impaired methylation,sulfation, amino acid congugation)

Very high beta alanine
(known to lead to taurine deficiency, hence my low taurine)

The High Cystathionine, alpha-aminodipic acid, beta alanine, betaaminoisobutyric acid and Low cysteine (compared with cystathionine) or low taurine (compared to cyst(e)ine) would indicate an increased need for vitamin B6 (Mg, riboflavin, zinc needed for b6 activation)

The high sarcosine, high homocysteine(tested in past), 1-methylhistidine, 3-methyhistidine, cystathionine indicates a increased need for folic acid (THF) and a partial methylation cycle block. Also the high FIGlu would also suggest depleted folates.

No detection of succinic acid, which i read is a common finding in people with cfs.
I don't understand why genova has recommended more b12 for me, I was and still taking 5000mcg/day for a long time and methylmalonic acid marker is fine.

BFG

2100 GI stool results.
DSC00498.JPG
DSC00499.JPG
DSC00500.JPG
DSC00501.JPG
DSC00502.JPG

I'm not really sure how to interpret the obilgate anaerobes since all of them are within range.
I'm not sure if it is a good thing to try and erdicate h.pylori with antibiotics, which might create even more problems.
I think the high acetic acid is why I cannot tolerate anything with acetic acid, vinegar, kimchi, saurkraut fermented foods.

Could the Yeast/fungi; Taxonomy unavailable +3 be due to mold in my home?
I really felt that either th NutrEval or GI effects would show markers for SIBO and Leaky gut, but they didn't. So now I need to look for other reasons for my chronic diarrhea/maldigested food and fat. Can anyone spot anything in my results that would give reasons for my chronic diarrhea/food intolerances?

caledonia

This is from the Interpretive Guide - have you seen this? http://www.metametrix.com/files/test-menu/interpretive-guides/GI-Effects-IG.pdf

Low Predominant Bacteria Significance:
Dysbiosis: Predominant bacteria should be present at normal levels in the healthy gut.
Bacteroides sp. and
Bifidobacter sp should be present in the greatest amounts.
Low levels of beneficial fecal bacteria such as Bifidobactersp., Lactobacillus sp. and E. coli
have been associated with irritable bowel syndrome, characterized by alternating
diarrhea, cramps, and food intolerance.

BFG

THank you Caledonia, I did see that guide. I just assumed that my levels of bifido, bacteroides, and lactobacillus were okay becuase they were still in range.

In the guide they suggest treating for low predominant bacteria:
Treatment Options:
•Probiotics
•Prebiotics such as psyllium, oat bran, oligofructose,
xylooligosaccharide, inulin, beta-glucan, and/or
arabinogalactan[6]
•Increase intake of fresh vegetables and fibers
•Address other GI Effects abnormalities

It seems like all the treatment options they mention for low predominant bacteria are what makes my diarrhea worse. I have tried many probiotics and prebiotics, increasing fresh veggies and fiber only to end up with more cramps, maldigested foods etc. Currently I cannot have certain types of leafy green veggies that I used to frequently eat because I cannot digest them anymore.

Maybe I have High predominant bacteria?
Significance:
•Dysbiosis: Predominant bacteria should be present
at normal levels in the healthy gut. Bacteroides sp.
and Bifidobacter sp. should be present in the greatest
amounts[4]
•Blood infections of Mycoplasma have been linked to
chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.[7]
•Fusobacterium increases putrification in the colon.
•Overgrowth of Lactobacillus sp. could produce D-lactic
aciduria in those with short bowel syndrome. Limit
intake of simple carbohydrates.[8]
•Overgrowth of certain Clostridia sp. clusters may play a
role in certain cases of autism.[9, 10]
•If Prevotella sp. is in the 5th quintile suspect possible oral/
throat infection.[11]
Treatment Options:
•Reduce poor quality fats, refined carbohydrates and
sugars, and encourage intake of fresh vegetables. High
fiber foods might exacerbate patient symptoms.
•For Lactobacillus sp. or Clostridia sp. overgrowth,
supplement with Bifidobacter sp. or Saccharomyces boulardii
probiotics, respectively.
•May need to use anti-microbial agents
•Address other GI Effects abnormalities
•Balance flora using appropriate probiotics

roxie60

I used Mastic Gum to treat my H-pylori, I had ben on so many antibiotics for so long I just did not want to go on another one since I was so sick. I was on Mastic Gum for 90 days, it is a pill, I got the Jarrow 500 version. Good luck with getting it al under control and thanks for sharing. Made me think it might be time to do these tests again to see where I'm at now.....just the expense is a challenge. Most people dont even have to deal with these tests....lucky us.

BFG

I like your piccture, is that your kitty?
Did the h. pylori give you symptoms of IBS diarrhea?

I think the next test to get is going to be the hydrogen/methane breath test to test for SIBO.