1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nutrahacker methylation report - grateful for any feedback

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by sianrecovery, Feb 10, 2014.

1. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    Hi Guys

I would be very grateful for any feedback on the nutrahacker report based on my 23andMe report. I had been following Rich's protocol, and then switched to injected methyl B12.

justy likes this.
  2. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    My recommendations:

Avoid caffeine
    Test a little methylcobalamin to see whether you can tolerate it; try substituting it in your protocol if you can
    Methylfolate (you're already taking)
    Vitamin D (test your levels to see you're not getting too little or too much); you might want to aim for a number in the 70 on serum tests
    TMG to support the broken BHMT 08

My two cents worth - see who else shows up here and what they have to say.

Not too much new probably, compared to what you're already doing.

sianrecovery likes this.
  3. sianrecovery

Manchester UK
    Thanks @Critterina ! Forgive my ignorance - TMG is?

4. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Critterina likes this.
  5. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Peter's right. TMG is also known as betaine anhydrous (not to be confused with the entirely different digestive aid, betaine HCl.)

6. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    TMG, trimethyl glycine is basically choline minus one methyl group, take another methyl group off and it is dimethylglycine (TMG). HCL has hydrochloric acid and is for digestion, not to be confused. The TMG is a product of sugar beets. Avoid "Betaine" as a word as that is where all the confusion lies. Buy TMG and you will get the right thing. When a person is getting very powerful startup effects from carnitine, the TMG can often change the balance a bit and take a lot of the edge off.

I have found that it helps at times and that I don't need it at other times. However, I couldn't tell you what that change is connected to. The tablets pull moisture out of the air so if the jar gets damp air in it the tablets shart expanding and falling apart. It is still safe but it pulls moisture out of the air. If you keep it in the bathroom the tablets will all disintegrate. If you cut it they often fall apart. So if you want 500, buy 500mg, not 1000 and cut it. That is messy at best.

sianrecovery likes this.
  7. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    sianrecovery likes this.
  8. sianrecovery

Manchester UK
    Thanks guys!

See more popular forum discussions.