• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NUCCA Doctor

taroki

Anyone tried a NUCCA doctor? Was it helpful? Someone suggested it might help with my nervous system symptoms.

Also wondering if these doctors can do upper cervical adjustments as a practitioner had recommended it for realigning the spine (which gets rid of many strange symptoms I heard).

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Long ago I have had chiropractic treatments. I did this for acute back pain. It helped but I admit I've not wanted to go back if I could find something else that helped simply because I'm squeamish about high velocity adjustments especially in my neck.
I suspect that if you go you may indeed get some relief from neuro symptoms but it would be temporary.

When I lived in Vancouver I went to an extremely competent craniosacral therapist. It did wonders for my neuro symptoms.
Trouble was, while the therapist was worth more than she charged me for treatment the treatment was still too expensive as I needed to go very often at first and the relief (not cure) from symptoms lasted only so long as I continued treatment.

I also went (just before running out of cash) to a myofascial release chiropractor. She was amazing. I never got to complete treatment with her. I'll add that with any treatment like this the person who does it matters a great deal. Skill can vary quite a lot.
So maybe a little research on who they trained with and how much experience they have is in order. You are probably a lot more sick than the average person they might treat.
Anyway, that's my take on it FWIW. Sorry if it's not helpful for what you're looking for.
SD

taroki

Thanks for your reply. Just wondering what symptoms improved after your visits? How does a craniosacral therapist differ from a NUCCA doctor or chiropractor?

I have many symptoms all nervous system related. Besides Lyme Disease (and possibly bartonella?), I also had lower back injury before and all my muscles/joints/bones are still weak eventhough my immune system and GI aborption has finally turned on after a few days on Dr. Yasko's protocol.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
All the symptoms that improved were neurological. Twitching, various types of pain, tightness--especially at the back of the neck and many more, temperature sensitivity for eg. A long list.

How does a craniosacral therapist differ from a NUCCA doctor or chiropractor?

I don't know what the difference might be.

Daffodil

All the symptoms that improved were neurological. Twitching, various types of pain, tightness--especially at the back of the neck and many more, temperature sensitivity for eg. A long list.

How does a craniosacral therapist differ from a NUCCA doctor or chiropractor?

I don't know what the difference might be.
hi snow. i know this was an old post, but i wanted to know how you are now and if the neck adjustments improved brain fog (if you had it) thanks

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I'm not sure but I think they may have been called Atlas chiropractors before. I went to one for about 1 to 1-1/2 years.

It was not a good situation and they are very good sales people (even based on what I am hearing now, years later, for other people's experiences) in that they make you think their way is the only way you will get better. He made me think traditional chiropractic wouldn't help and in the end traditional chiropractic was the only way that did help me.

The Atlas chiropractic way ended up making the hyperjoint mobility in my neck much worse.

The way I think of it now is that our spine is like a stack of blocks. Just putting a few of them into correct alignment really won't affect the others and really the ones left out of alignment just pull the fixed ones back out that much sooner.

Why wouldn't any chiropractor want to make sure they're all balanced and aligned every time to provide the most stability and thereby retrain all the muscles to hold them correctly over time?

Seven7

Seven
There is a group that suffers from CCI, cervical cranial instability , there is a whole thread, maybe that group can help you!! the EDS group (CFS subgroup) is more informed about this topic.