1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NUCCA Doctor

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by taroki, Jul 30, 2014.

1. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    Anyone tried a NUCCA doctor? Was it helpful? Someone suggested it might help with my nervous system symptoms.

Also wondering if these doctors can do upper cervical adjustments as a practitioner had recommended it for realigning the spine (which gets rid of many strange symptoms I heard).
  2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    @taroki

Hi taroki, Im wondering what NUCCA stands for.
  3. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    Not sure what it stands for but it's a type of chiropractic that focuses on the head and neck area to realign the spine.
  4. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    Long ago I have had chiropractic treatments. I did this for acute back pain. It helped but I admit I've not wanted to go back if I could find something else that helped simply because I'm squeamish about high velocity adjustments especially in my neck.
    I suspect that if you go you may indeed get some relief from neuro symptoms but it would be temporary.

When I lived in Vancouver I went to an extremely competent craniosacral therapist. It did wonders for my neuro symptoms.
    Trouble was, while the therapist was worth more than she charged me for treatment the treatment was still too expensive as I needed to go very often at first and the relief (not cure) from symptoms lasted only so long as I continued treatment.

I also went (just before running out of cash) to a myofascial release chiropractor. She was amazing. I never got to complete treatment with her. I'll add that with any treatment like this the person who does it matters a great deal. Skill can vary quite a lot.
    So maybe a little research on who they trained with and how much experience they have is in order. You are probably a lot more sick than the average person they might treat.
    Anyway, that's my take on it FWIW. Sorry if it's not helpful for what you're looking for.
    SD
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  5. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for your reply. Just wondering what symptoms improved after your visits? How does a craniosacral therapist differ from a NUCCA doctor or chiropractor?

I have many symptoms all nervous system related. Besides Lyme Disease (and possibly bartonella?), I also had lower back injury before and all my muscles/joints/bones are still weak eventhough my immune system and GI aborption has finally turned on after a few days on Dr. Yasko's protocol.
  6. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    All the symptoms that improved were neurological. Twitching, various types of pain, tightness--especially at the back of the neck and many more, temperature sensitivity for eg. A long list.

How does a craniosacral therapist differ from a NUCCA doctor or chiropractor?

I don't know what the difference might be.

See more popular forum discussions.