New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NPR: 'Quackery' Chronicles How Our Love Of Miracle Cures Leads Us Astray

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

'Quackery' Chronicles How Our Love Of Miracle Cures Leads Us Astray

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...how-our-love-of-miracle-cures-leads-us-astray

2. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    So this is a book about CBT?

3. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Looks interesting.

I was hoping the book would delve into why people choose quackery today when our knowledge of science and physiology is much more sophisticated. But that’s a different subject.

I have put this on the waiting list at my library for when it becomes available. It’s a long list!

Thanks!

Luther Blissett likes this.
  4. Jeckylberry

Jeckylberry Senior Member

Queensland, Australia
    Both look very interesting! I've read similar books on that subject. I distinctly remember the smoke bellows one and one recommending brushing inside the nose daily. Some of our cures are still in the dark ages. Short of dunking some poor soul in hot and then cold water they are still torturing the ones they can't fix.

Luther Blissett and barbc56 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.