• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Novice towards Methylation

Hey everyone! I'm definitely a novice when it comes to this whole methylation thing and all the information out there seems to be a bit overwhelming for me at times. I've been trying to cure my acne, depression, hormonal and digestive issues for about 4 years now through diet and supplementation and I'm fairly certain that insufficient methylation is the culprit behind these conditions. I really don't know where to begin, what to expect and if I'm even going in the right direction etc. I started taking a supplement distributed by Seeking Health about a month ago that contains Methylcobalamin, Adenoslycobalamin and MethylFolate and began to experience some improvements. My energy level increased, my body started developing muscle at a rapid rate (very unusual for me) and my mood increased as well. I know that I am somewhat deficient in these vitamins, but over a period of about a week, I plateaued. My energy level is still up, but my mood has been pretty dull to say the least. I'm sort of struggling as to where to go from this point. I take Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Vitamin C and eat a diet rich in protein, healthy fats and organic vegetables. I've also recently incorporated a B-Complex into my diet and immediately broke out with acne (the same ailment I'm trying so desperately to cure). However, upon the ingestion of the B-Complex my digestion changes dramatically and my mood increases as well. What is going on here? Why does it seem as if my body is deficient in B-Vitamins, but my skin reacts so negatively towards them? Do I up my dosage of MethylFolate? Do I up my dosage of Methylb12 or Adenob12? Do I stop taking the B-Complex? Some guidance and input here would be greatly appreciated because I'm feeling pretty lost and confused right about now. Thanks!