1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

November 2013 CFSAC Meeting as Webinar

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by jspotila, Sep 12, 2013.

1. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

Just posted to the CFSAC listserv:

The Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) will hold its fall meeting as a webinar on November 12 and 13, 2013, from 12:00 noon – 5:00 pm ET each day. This will not be an in-person meeting. Because of budget constraints and the government-wide Sequestration, federal advisory committees have been told to conduct at least some of their meetings as webinars or use other similar formats.

We will use webinar technology to accept questions to the committee submitted in real time, similar to the questions received on note cards from the last meeting. For the first time, we will accept prerecorded videos as public comment for the fall 2013 meeting. As in the past, we will have “live” public comment via phone and will accept written public comments. Detailed instructions for joining the webinar and providing public comment will be posted on the CFSAC website www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/at a later date. Agenda items will be posted on the CFSAC website by October 28.

The 2014 CFSAC spring meeting will be in-person in Washington, DC; exact dates will be announced in 2014.

We continue to work on a contract with the Institute of Medicine (IOM) to develop recommendations for clinical diagnostic criteria. When the contract is finalized, we will provide additional information via the CFSAC listserv and website. This topic will be included as an agenda item for the November webinar.

If you have any questions, please emailcfsac@hhs.gov.

Thank you,

http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/cfsac_email_list.html
    BEG likes this.
  2. Mesurfer

Mesurfer

Pa/nj
    My my... What a coincidence. the timing is uncanny that the cfsac will be short days and not be held in person but by webinar only, just as they are contracting with IOM for a new CFS definition. By the spring cfsac the new definition will probably have been officially adopted. How convenient.
    BEG likes this.
  3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Here's the latest from Jennie:

Cut Back or Cut Out?

September 16th, 2013

“If we are once again victims of budget priorities, speak louder. If this is an attempt to silence us, speak louder. Does everyone hear me? SPEAK LOUDER. I am not backing out. You shouldn’t either.”
  4. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

BEG likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.