May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Notes on Mast Cell Activation Disorder and ME/CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Daisymay, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member

taniaaust1 and Countrygirl like this.
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    thanks, Im very interested in that.

and I wonder what a Dariers sign means when one clearly has one of these but doesnt have urticaria pigmentosa.

I once had a darier sign but when I saw 2 doctors over this they didnt have a clue. One dr actually told me I must of got a little rash I had on my arm sunburnt when I had been in basically bedbound and not even in the sun.. the mark on my skin had blistered to my finger touch (not blistered in sun!). Typical dr completely ignoring the history of the issue he was presented with and making things up as he had no idea.

The next dr I saw about this strange reacton of the small rash on my arm, said he didnt know what it was. It was only years later when researching my uncles systemic mastocytosis condition, did I find out it was a darier sign on my arm and it should of been biopsied as it would of given me a mast cell diagnosis (its the only darier sign Ive had so far so my golden opportunity for another diagnoses was missed).

Daisymay likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.