1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NOTE FROM DR. DONNICA- DR. OZ show taping

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by shrewsbury, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Koan

Koan Be the change.

I am sure Dr Donnica did a great job! I'm sure Dr. M did a great job! I'm sure the smart CFS patient did a great job!

Thank you all!
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Senior Member

Great Plains, US
    Dr. Oz show

Thank you SO much, Dr. Donnica! I am really encouraged that this is going to happen.

I've been watching Dr. Oz's show lately and it is fun, but it seems to be aimed at people with ADHD. lol The segments are so short and it jumps around from topic to topic so much it makes me dizzy. But I am really grateful that they are giving XMRV such good publicity. It is a good Thanksgiving!

Forebearance
  3. SDD1244

SDD1244 Guest

4. Michael Dessin

Michael Dessin Senior Member

Ohio
    Not really

I'm sorry if I offend anyone by taking a different angle on this, but I feel differently.

If Dr Donnica simply got on there and relayed the CDC's definition of CFS, which is incorrect, as she did on GMA, it does us 0 justice, and it's not good for any of us.

Secondly, this is not the the WPI show and all of the guests on there are connected to WPI in some manner now, making it soley reflective of WPI's views.

It does not matter if they get on there and discuss XMRV if the entire nation thinks this disease is about fatigue, sore throats and achy limbs as she described it on GMA. The country as a whole will not find the information of importance.

Now if they describe ME/CFS as being as debilitating and DEADLY as it is, than folks will listen up about ME/CFS and XMRV.

I have a feeling how this show is gonna go down, unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sincerely

Mike

See more popular forum discussions.