1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

(Not ME/CFS-specific) A catalog of biases in questionnaires

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

This article, which is available for free at the above link, is easier to read than most published papers I think and the examples aren't particularly technical/are often very straightforward.

I previously highlighted another paper which listed biases but it was more dense : http://forums.phoenixrising.me/show...earch-(Sackett-1979-but-seems-to-be-a-classic) . However I think that is also worth a look as a lot of the biases in the Choi paper could be called "errors". But as I say this paper is quite easy to read. It's handy to have a name to give to problems with questionnaires (and to be able to reference the term).

*I gave each line its own paragraph

See more popular forum discussions.