1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

(Not important) Effects of acute and chronic exercise on chronic inflammatory disease

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I just read the following. I have difficulty remembering the abnormalities that have been found in ME/CFS so I wasn't particularly on the look out for specific abnormalities that are similar to ME/CFS. But I was making notes for myself and thought I might as well share them. Other people may have other observations (but I'm not saying it's the most important paper for people with ME/CFS to read).

Full free text at:http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/transfusionsmedizin/institut/eir/content/2009/6/article.pdf

2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

(Not important) Some quotes from the Introduction

I would think it would be interesting to see the effects of exercise training in ME/CFS.
    For example, can it increase inflammation and is this what causes relapses when relapses occur from exercise.

(We're a long way from anything like that in ME/CFS)

3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Discussion and Future Research

(I'm not going to try to summarise the methods and results section)

4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Interesting. Differences over the hormonal cycle can make activity management really confusing.

Not surprising that these sorts of complexities are explored in work unrelated to CFS. Thanks for looking through it for us.

See more popular forum discussions.