Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Northern Ireland: Fibromyalgia to be recognised as long-term condition

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by AndyPR, Sep 21, 2016.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR Cookies for Tired Sam

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37424804

2. gregh286

gregh286 Senior Member

Londonderry, Northern Ireland.
    Surely now will be totally exploited and abused for disability living allowance by those who think they have it.
    25mg of amiltripline and see you next year...

3. AndyPR

Just like a diagnosis of ME gets exploited and abused for disability living allowance by those who think they have it?

4. gregh286

gregh286 Senior Member

No DLA for ME. Doesnt qualify. Fibro will now as its "recognised".
    Only people exploiting ME are snake oil sellers.

5. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

When I first applied for disability, I was told they didn't consider FM as a condition that would qualify you for disability. My doctor wrote a long letter describing how my life was impacted, etc. etc. and I did get disability. This was through private disability insurance.

Now it's covered. What also helps if you are diagnosed with chronic pain syndrome which, if I understand correctly, means you have had pain for six months or more from a health condition.

Some much needed good news for those in Northern Ireland!

6. AndyPR

Well, I don't think that is true at all that ME doesn't qualify for DLA (or PIP as it is now transitioning over to), unless NI has radically different benefit rules to England?

And are you intentionally suggesting that Fibromyalgia isn't worth being treated as a serious condition? "those who think they have it" strongly suggests that you don't believe it exists, I'd be interested, particularly as an ME sufferer yourself, why you might think this to be the case.

Justin30 and barbc56 like this.
  7. gregh286

gregh286 Senior Member

No, we use most of our DLA budget up on alcoholics and people with no kneecaps from the troubles. None left for ME, maybe if your bedbound its possible.

The country is littered with people who thought they had ME and/or Fibro, oh, I had that for a year,,,Im always tired too......I find it hard to get up in the morning....etc
    Point in fact, look at this statement from Sam Cameroon sister, who cold water bath shocked ME from her system??? I mean, my god. How can NHS tell who is real ME and who had/has a figment of imagination.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...EARE-stricken-year-says-Sam-Cam-s-sister.html

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

I just want to point out that the famous australian football player with ME cant remeber his name.

Anyways he used this along with tons of other therapies and was a patient of Dr Golsteins. He used DHEA, had POTS, etc.

He had multiple muscle biobsies which showed mitochondrial problems.

Since he saw Golstein he likely had a SPECT but never mentioned.

He used to lie in Baths full of ice.

Just saying.

I dont think we ever get the full pic of the lucky ones that recover quick.

Its BS that they publish articles like this when people are emanciated and bedbound.

Thats why I personally think its an encephalopathy or encephalomylietis.

See more popular forum discussions.