• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Normal B12 lab results

I'm being a pest with these questions but I'm confused.

I got a test result that said I had high B12 ( I guess serum) and high folic acid. I have a gene mutation of the A1298 and C677t genes so I was put on Deplin to help convert the folic acid into folate, I think. I'm going to stick with the Deplin for a little while.

What confuses me is should I still try the methylation protocol even though my B12 result was normal? Can't there be a functional deficiency? There are four types of B12 I believe, also, and one reading on the lab. So it confuses me of course.

Also because of the gene mutation I assume I should be taking methyl b12 and adeno b12 instead of hydroxy, but I'm getting so confused at this point lol.

Thanks

Oops, I thought my post at first didn't show up, my bad.

If there's a way to delete this let me know. Thanks.